Ancient History provides opportunities for students to study
people, societies and civilisations of the past, from the development of the
earliest human communities to the end of the Middle Ages.
What will students learn?
In studying Ancient History, students will learn about:
- investigating the Ancient World
- personalities in their time
- reconstructing the Ancient World
- people, power and authority.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- examination — essay in response
to historical sources (25%)
- investigation — independent
source investigation (25%)
- investigation — historical essay
based on research (25%)
- examination — short responses to
historical sources (25%).
More information is available on the Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority website.