Essential English develops and refines students’
understanding of language, literature and literacy to enable them to interact
confidently and effectively with others in everyday, community and social
What will students learn?
In studying Essential English, students will learn about:
- language that works
- texts and human experiences
- language that influences
- representations and popular
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- extended response —
- common internal assessment
- extended response — multimodal
- extended response — written
More information is available on the Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority website.